Friday, September 16, 2022

Accepting the Truth

 

Constant mental bullshit and anger is not fair, 

I am drowning from lack of respect and care. 

“I am the problem” when you decide to call, 

Don’t bother asking me to talk to a raging wall. 



I stay away from two-faced kin who walk away,

It’s not my place to kiss your ass to make you stay.

My life ain’t perfect but it is not a complete mess,

Because I set goals and made made my own progress. 


I am tired of the venom and guilt in your head, 

Deal with your own issues or consider me dead.

The only time I matter is when I can give you more, 

This time I draw a line and reach for more. 


If I am so selfish and all of you can kick some rocks, 

I do not plan on giving a shit about an empty clock. 

Nothing matters unless it is beneficial to you,

Where were anyone of you as I said goodbye to two?


Judge me and sing your song of despair,

Truth is...I don’t give a shit nor do I care.

You tell me all the ways I am wrong every time I say no, 

Well, that fine I don’t need a Walkaway Joe.


I know my life has not been perfect but I didn’t run to you,

I got up off my ass and saw my goals and dreams come true. 

Not one of you gave a damn about anything but you, 

Look me in the eye and tell me all I say isn’t true. 


I don’t see any of you doing a damn thing right, 

Yet, I don’t judge but I won’t stick around to fight. 

What did you do far me that I owe you so much, 

Nothing...you only want me when you need a crutch. 


So, this problem is walking away with my head up high,

Anger does change a person's heart so I just sigh. 

Love doesn’t exist for me will people who can’t be true, 

Enjoy each other because you each have no clue. 


Love is more than a word you type on a good day,

I rather be alone than mentally abused and betrayed.


Crystal S. Amon 





 


No comments: