Monday, September 19, 2022

The Eternal Night


 That old and familiar uneasy feeling,

Has returned as I am constantly kneeling.

Begging you just to touch me again,

Am I your beloved queen or your friend?


Do you feel my heart tonight?

Why won’t you give up the fight?

Will you always be this hardcore?

Listen babe, I want so much more. 


Needing to know your are there,

Whenever I need you just to care.

I am yours; this I hope you can see,

Are you truly embarrassed of me?


All I see is you always holding back, 

I beg for just a little time and slack.

Crushed each day that you ignore,

Whatever I say to you anymore. 


Your busy... but not like you say,

You could always make a way.

If I mattered as much as everything, 

You say I do; but your silence stings.


I need your attention while being caressed,

Choosing not to accept anything but the best.

Not allowing my heart to be hurt by you. 

Because you won’t share your heart too.


Open up and let me completely in your soul,

Let’s find happiness instead of the same old. 

I am fragile and I need more attention now,

You need love too, but I not sure how.


I am emotional at times and I must know,

What the hell do you feel and I need it to show?

Let me always see that your love is real,

Say it, show it, and pull me close till you feel.


The magic that I feel whenever we collide,

I feel you breathe, as your soul stirs inside.

Grab my hand and show me to the light,

For I am stuck, inside the eternal night.


Please love don’t take this rhyme all wrong,

In my heart, it is a repetitive dance and song.

These thoughts are screaming inside my head,

I cannot live with one more eternal night that I dread.


By, Crystal S. Amon

Copyrighted 2022

No comments: