Monday, September 19, 2022

For My Twin Brother

 


Your my who twin brother who died alone as the state didn’t call,

He never got to hug me and I can’t understand this at all.

Now, a piece of me is broken as the days pass by.

Everyday I find myself begging for answers as to why?


This I swear to you “Eyes LIke Me” I won’t stop till I know,

Exactly what happened and why your cancer was left to grow.

We were created together as twins which made us friends for life,

Your not a bad guy but addiction took over and gave you strife.


You were my sunshine as the storm raged and I became ill,

My best friend who watched me stumble and fall but loved me still.

Every letter and video made smile as the tears always fell, 

I knew you were fighting to leave a place that I call hell.


Fly high Bubba for you are no longer in pain or chains anymore,

You took the fall for people who will face karma as you soar.

Valhalla is calling, for you were a noble warrior who rose above,

Rest easy bro, for you I will forever love.


By, Crystal S. Amon

Copyrighted 2022

No comments: