Wednesday, October 21, 2020

This is My Story; This is Your Song

 















The cracks in my mind began to plainly show,
After three years of watching your lies flown,
Dishonesty was all I was given by this man
After learning the bitter truth about his “plan”.

Thank you for showing me the man you are,
Give my cuts time to heal as they become scars.
Purposely, I created this lyrical rhyme to speak,
Every word you spoke made the cruelty leak.

You won’t hurt me anymgore because I am smart,
Stop wasting my time because I hardened my heart.
Withholding affection because of someone else’s lies,
Shattering my heart taught me to trust myself as I fly.

Stronger because you made me face the devil’s drug,
Each painful selfish action showed me I was your rug.
Never again will I ever accept this kind of mental abuse,
Why tear me down until I decided to get a new tattoo.

After disrespectful statements began to cause my fall,
Learning to rise above the toxic comments of your lying call.
All the kindness I once felt was killed off this very night,
You made the “brown-eyed devil” come out to fight.

Those sins you committed are yours; not mine to ever bear,
Stop blaming me for losing all you had because I don’t care,
You created this drama because you decide to never trust me,
Don’t ask me to care that you lost because I am finally free.

Memorize this song as this is this last one I will write for you,
My voice is raised and you cannot tell me what I feel is not true.
Remember you made me accept your rules as well as your choice,
Not once in this dance was I allowed to have an opinion or a voice.

My time to speak is now as I choose months ago to say you're the fool,
I will tell everyone how you treated me because I was a loving jewel.
This song is yours and you will hear it as you endure life’s cruel dance,
I will tell everyone how you treated me because I was a loving jewel.

Copyright, 2020

No comments: